Wow an actual comment! Doing a little spring cleaning I noticed it. I don't use this blog apart from when I am very idle and post silly pictures... So you'll probably only read this reply in another couple of years or so. Sorry it took so long! :)
My french girl friend at the time was the inspiration for an online game character. The elvish name creation application didn't think Élise was very elvish so I set about trying all sorts of variations with the elvish suffix 'iel'. I quite liked the magical night sky imagery that 'star' hinted of and it completed a feminine sounding name. An added bonus was that 'ariel' reminded me of the sprite in Shakespeare's The Tempest. Frustratingly the application didn't understand international accents so É was not possible. Otherwise it would have been identical! O.O
I'm curious at to where you got your name. It's odd that you would come up with the exact same elven name I did. Back in 2004. :-)
ReplyDeleteWow an actual comment! Doing a little spring cleaning I noticed it. I don't use this blog apart from when I am very idle and post silly pictures... So you'll probably only read this reply in another couple of years or so. Sorry it took so long! :)
ReplyDeleteMy french girl friend at the time was the inspiration for an online game character. The elvish name creation application didn't think Élise was very elvish so I set about trying all sorts of variations with the elvish suffix 'iel'. I quite liked the magical night sky imagery that 'star' hinted of and it completed a feminine sounding name. An added bonus was that 'ariel' reminded me of the sprite in Shakespeare's The Tempest. Frustratingly the application didn't understand international accents so É was not possible. Otherwise it would have been identical! O.O